This article outlines steps that can be taken to create a seamless device experience for your volunteers facilitating packet pickup. These tips can help avoid unwanted user errors from volunteers such as accidentally closing the onsite app tab, having devices fall asleep, or accidentally navigating off of the onsite app page to another page.
Tips for configuring browser settings
- Kiosk - if you plan on using a public kiosk mode we strongly recommend that you use Chrome and ensure that you use it in Kiosk Mode
- Advanced settings - ensure form fill out is disabled
- Set home page as log in page https://raceroster.com/onsite/
- Log in once and click 'yes' to save login (for the kiosk login)
- Best to put the Kiosk browser in to Full Screen mode - or even "kiosk mode"
Tips for configuring computer settings
- Make sure you set the default printer to print to the right place
- Create power plan and set sleep etc, to 'Never'
- Create shortcut for Chrome on desktop, remove all other desktop icons (rubbish bin etc is in Personalize on desktop, desktop icons)
- In the Chrome shortcut,
- Right-click this shortcut and select "Properties"
- From there, select the "Shortcut" tab and paste the below text after the closing ' " ' in the target field
- --kiosk --kiosk-printing: https://results.raceroster.com/kiosk
- Click 'Apply' and 'Ok' and close the properties field.
- Exit all open versions of Chrome (hint: click on the task manager in the bottom right programs field or open Task manager and stop all background versions of Chrome)
- Double click on the shortcut you created and Chrome will open in full screen mode. To exit use Cntrl + F4 on your keyboard.