Tax Settings are one of the required 7 mandatory settings required to take your event live. Tax requirements are unique in Australia and New Zealand in that applicable taxes should be included in the advertised price of products, services and other items sold or consumed. To ensure tax settings are correctly displayed on your event please follow the below steps:
1. Ensure the currency of your event is correctly displayed as AUD or NZ on the Event Info page
2. Navigate to Tax Settings on your Settings Overview page.
3. Confirm your event address by entering the details in the available fields and selecting ‘update address’
4. Please ignore the purple information in relation to the United States Postal Service. This is not applicable to AUS and NZ events.
5. Once your address has been entered your Tax Settings are complete.
6. After entering your address your Tax Setting will return to its default page.
7. There is a reminder that reads ‘Based on the tax address entered, applicable taxes should be included in your advertised and entered price of the items being sold.’ with additional links to pricing pages.
8. On product pricing you may notice the ability to ‘Set the category for the entire product’ or ‘Set the tax category on the product options’. Simply include your GST in the total cost of your product.
9. Select ‘Set the category for the entire product’ and leave the Tax rate blank
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com if you have more questions surrounding Tax Settings AUD/NZ.