Race Roster now offers the ability to create registration questions that can be answered by the participant uploading a file/image. This can be useful for collecting proof of vaccination status, proof of past finishing times for corral assignments, or any instance where the submission of a photo file can be useful to the event organizer.
Accepted file types: .JPG, .PNG. and .PDF
Maximum file size: 20mb
1. From your event dashboard, click on registration questions from the lefthand side menu.
2. From your registration question settings, click the green "add question" button to begin creating your question.
3. Set up your question by creating:
- A question title
- A description (optional)
- Date specifications (optional)
- Sub-event specifications (optional)
If you'd like to hide this question from displaying during registration, but would like it to be displayed on participant's dashboards, select the custom field setting to allow for this.
4. Next, select your type of answer for this question and select the option file upload to enable the ability for participants to respond to this question by uploading an image file. Click save once complete.
5. Your question will now be visible during registration and participants will be able to upload image files to respond to your question.
6. To find and view the uploaded files from your participants, head to your event's participant list (management -> participants -> participant list). Check off the registration question you created under the custom fields section of your filters, and view the attached file from the displayed table.
NOTE: If you'd like to allow your participants to upload files outside of registration from their participant dashboards, head to your editable data settings (management -> participants -> editable data) to enable file uploads from the participant dashboard. Please reference our article how to set the information my participants are able to edit for steps on how to set this up. Any files uploaded from the participant dashboard will be retrievable from your participant list.
Select any settings you'd like to make editable from the participant dashboard, and set an edit cut-off date.
Your participants will now be able to click "edit registration" on from their participant dashboard to upload their file.
Participants can upload their selected file and then click "save" once complete.