Every event on Race Roster has a menu that displays on the lefthand side of the page. This menu contains buttons that help participants navigate to different parts of your event page. Event organizers can also create custom pages and custom links which will display as new buttons from your lefthand side menu on your event page. In addition to this menu, event organizers can also create custom buttons that can be used to display larger calls to action from the righthand side of the page underneath the register button.
- Custom pages contain custom content that you can create that displays ON your Race Roster event page, but on its own unique page.
- Custom links are used to link off to a different page outside of the Race Roster event page if participants should reference information from another website.
- Custom buttons can be used to create calls to action that display from the righthand side of the event page
To begin creating your own custom pages, links and buttons, please follow the steps below.
How to Create Custom a Custom Page
1. From your event dashboard, find the custom pages and links button from under the add-ons tab from the lefthand side menu.
2. From your custom pages and link settings, you can switch between custom pages, links and buttons from the tabs displaying below on the lefthand side of the page. To begin creating a custom page, click the add custom page button.
3. Begin drafting the content that you'd like to display on your custom page. This content can relate to anything that the event organizers feels is relevant information for the participants to have access to. In the example below, we have created a custom page containing basic packet pickup information, with the page titled "Packet Pickup Information". Toggle your custom page to the published status once complete then click save.
4. Your custom page will now be displaying on your event page and can be accessed from the lefthand side menu.
How to Create a Custom Link
5. To create a custom link, switch to the links tab found in your custom pages and links settings and click add custom link. Give your custom link a title, and then enter in the URL for the page that your link will take your participants to. Click save once complete.
6. Your custom link will now be viewable from your event's lefthand side menu.
How to Create a Custom Button
7. to create a custom button, switch to the buttons tab found within your custom pages and links settings and click add menu button. Give your button a title, and then enter in the URL for the page that your button will take your participants to. Click save once complete.
8. Your new custom button will now be viewable from the righthand side of the event page.
Note: There is no limit to the amount of buttons that can be created from either the left or righthand side of the event page.
Optional: Event organizers can also customize the order of how the buttons display from both the lefthand side menu and the right side of the page by clicking manage sidebar links/manage menu buttons from the custom pages and links settings.