Race Roster's tracking link feature allows event organizers to track key conversion metrics such as registration, donation, and product purchase totals completed from their unique tracking link. If you are using a different analytics tool to track marketing conversions, it is possible you'll see some discrepancies in your data when comparing it to Race Roster's tracking links metrics.
Below is a breakdown of the criteria and parameters used to determine what qualifies as a unique session, as well as how total revenue is calculated within tracking link metrics.
Sessions are initiated:
- The first time someone visits a campaign link
- When a user closes the browser, and revisits it
- Between 1 & 24 hours after a user visits a campaign link and has been inactive.
Total revenue is calculated by adding up the net value across registrations, products, and donations on an order:
- Registrations total includes:
- The cost of the sub-event
- Any discounts applied (Promo codes, club discount, team discount, age discount, group discount)
- Shipping charges
- Line items (Note: Regardless of whether they apply to a sub-event, a cart, or a product, they all get rolled up into registration total)
- Product total includes:
- The cost of the product, or the product option
- Donation total includes:
- The total value of the donation + whether they decided to cover fees