Additional charges settings can be used when an additional charge should be set on either a specific sub-event selection or product/product option. Additional charges are typically separate from regular tax charges on an event, which should be configured in the event's tax settings. (View both knowledge base articles on how to set up tax settings for both marketplace and non-marketplace regions).
1. From you event dashboard, navigate to "additional charges" found under the "settings" tab on the left-hand side menu.
2. Click the "add charge" button.
3. Add in the following criteria:
- Title of your additional charge (will be visible to the participant on the checkout screen)
- The value of your charge (flat rate OR percentage)
- Specify if your charge should be applied:
- Per transaction
- Per applicable selection
- Per participant
4. Choose if this additional charge should be applied to certain sub-event selections, specific products/product options, or both if necessary.
5. Apply any tax rates to your additional charge as needed.
6. Decide whether you'd like to enable this additional charge on your event by selecting the charge's status from either active or inactive.
Note: You have an opportunity to add additional optional configurations:
- Description (this description will be visible by the participant on the checkout screen)
- Apply an additional charge based off subtotal value ranges (Ex: Apply the additional charge if the subtotal is between the range of $50-$100)
- Apply a specific date range that this charge should be applied during (Ex: January 1st-March 1st)
7. Click Save.
The additional charge will now appear on your checkout page.