In recent days we noticed the best way to work with your customers on a solution is to offer them options. These options may include offerings deferrals, refunds, a virtual option, or postponing the event. Here is what we suggest:
Create a Registration Question:
1. Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer.
2. Navigate to the left of your screen to the search box and search and select Registration questions.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the blue Add Question button.
4. Next set up a multiple choice registration question that your participants can answer on their dashboard. The question can be: How would you like to convert your registration? Please select from our modified options:
4.1. Answers we suggest include: Convert my registration to a virtual run, Participate on the postponed date, Defer my registration to next year or another event, A refund for my registration, Speak to someone regarding my registration (Add a conditional question to this option asking how the participant can be contacted.
5. Click Save at the bottom of the screen.
6. Navigate to the left of your screen to the search box and search and select Editable data.
7. Check off your question and conditional question allowing the participant to answer the question on their participant dashboard. Please make sure your participant edit cut-off date is in the future.
Create an Email Campaign:
After creating the registration question and making it editable to the participant, you will want to set-up your email campaign.
1. Create an email campaign with our campaign tool to send to current registrants letting them know that you're canceling or closing registration.
Note* If you are still taking registrations, let’s work together on settings that allow for this solution.
- For those who are not tech-savvy, give them the option to reply to the campaign with their answer.
- Moreover, give them a timeline on when they need to answer the question.
What the Participant will do:
1. The participant will go to their Participant Dashboard.
2. They will click the Edit registration button.
3. They will then be taken to the Edit registration details page where they can your question.
4. Once they have made the appropriate edits, click the green Save button to complete the process.
You will see their answer on your Participant list. You can follow up with the participant based on their answer with our campaign tool providing more information on their choice.