1. Login to Race Roster and go to your event organizer dashboard.
2. Navigate to the search bar on the Event Organizer Menu on the left side of your screen and begin typing SMS Campaigns.
You will be then be directed to messages.raceroster.com
3. Click SMS campaigns.
4. Click the Edit SMS campaigns button associated with the event you're working on.
5. Click + Create a campaign.
6. Creating a campaign involves four steps. The first step is to Set up the campaign. Here you will want to name the campaign and select the messaging type. You can select from three:
General messages: Send general event notifications to all subscribers, including participants and non-participants.
Participant messages: Send a campaign that sends to participants of the event.
Results messages: Send a campaign that sends based on results triggers.
Once you're satisfied with your Set up settings, click Save or Save & Continue.
7. Next is the Customize step. Here you can compose your message. You can also use merge tags to customize your message to the participant. Please note that one text message can contain a maximum of 140 characters. Merge tags can also increase the length of your text and may result in multiple messages.
Once you're satisfied with your Customize settings, click Save or Save & Continue.
8. Next is the Sending step. Here you will be able to select the recipients of your SMS message. Your recipients can be:
Current contacts: who match set triggers (one-time message to opted in contacts).
Future contacts: who match set triggers (only new contacts added to the list, excluding current contacts).
All contacts: who match set triggers (both current contacts and future contacts will be included in the send).
You can then select a schedule for your SMS campaign. By default, the SMS will be sent immediately.
Pick which trigger(s) you would like to use. Triggers are what initiates the campaign to the subscribers. You can use multiple triggers by clicking + Add another trigger.
Once you're satisfied with your Sending settings, click Save or Save & Continue.
9. The last step is to Review and Send your campaign. Your campaign details will be listed out on the left-hand side. If you would like to send a test to yourself you can by entering a number and clicking send test message. Once you've reviewed your campaign and you're satisfied with your settings, click Send & enable.
Please note* in order to send campaigns you will have to purchase/use credits. Follow these step-by-step instructions on how to purchase credits.