Race Roster offers directors a feature that allows you to trigger an email to participants or volunteers based on a set of rules. For example, if you would like to send out a specific message to all participants who purchased your race jacket or send a reminder email to all participants with their individual pledge page link you will be able to do this by creating a campaign.
We understand that sending emails to all your participants can be a daunting task. If you'd like a refresh or training session on campaigns please reach out to our Customer Success team via firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our experts will get you set up and comfortable with configuration.
This feature can be enable using the Campaign tool.
- Login to your dashboard as a Race Director
- From the left hand menu select Email Settings
- Click Campaigns (BETA)
From here you will need to do 2 things: create the Template then create the Campaign
To create the Template:
- On the left section of the Campaign page, click the blue View button under Email Template
- In the top right of the page click the green +Create New Template button
- Enter the name of your template in the Name Your Template field Note: this is how you will associate your template with your Campaign (created in the next section)
- Next, navigate to the right text box titled Email Content
- Add the text and imaging you would like to include in your email
Note: MERGE TAGS allow you to add personalized information about your participant or volunteers to your email. For e.g. First name, sub-event, their individual pledge link, etc. For more information on merge tags, as well as an index please visit https://support.raceroster.com/hc/en-us/articles/217019886
6. You can preview the email by looking to the left under the Email Preview section
7. Once you are happy with the email template click the green Save Template & Exit button
Once you click the Save Template & Exit button you will return to the Template page. Navigate to the left hand menu and select Campaigns (BETA) to return the the main email settings page.
To create the Campaign:
- Once you are back to the Email Setting page you will again see the two options - Email Templates and Campaigns
- Navigate to the right and click the green View button under the Campaign header
- Click the green +Create New Campaign
- You will need fill out the following fields:
- Name Your Campaign: title for you to keep track of the different campaigns you set up
- Email Subject: subject title of this email that the participant or volunteer will see (i.e. Share your pledge page) *To avoid being marked as spam please void the use of "!"
- Sender Name: who the participant will receive the email from (i.e. your event name)
- Reply To Address: best practice is to add the email address you use for general inquiries
- Send a BCC to: (optional) enter an email address you would like to be cc'd every time this email is triggered. For e.g. every time some purchases the "mail me my packet" option your mailing person gets an email with their information
5. Select the Template (Created in the previous section) you would like to associate with this campaign
6. Next decide if your email will be sent "if any" conditions (one or more conditions) or "if all" conditions are met
7. In the final section you will need to add the Rules. Click the blue + Add Rule Button *Each Campaign must have at least 1 rule (Best practice if you would like the email sent to all participants is to include the date registered condition with a date equal to or greater than the registration open date)
For e.g. a rule to send a voucher email to someone who purchases your pasta dinner would be = Purchased swag > Has Swag > Pasta dinner
8. To make the campaign active make sure the Make this campaign active? has the green Yes toggled. If not, just make sure the button is toggled to No
9. Click Save or Save & Close