Using our credit card swipe tool in person at race expos will speed up the event sign up process and keep all your registration / bib data in one place.
- To activate credit card swipe for the onsite app contact Race Roster via firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team members will update your event configuration settings to enable this feature
- Purchase a credit card reader that connects to a computer by USB, examples here (verify the brand and specs of this reader with the Race Roster support person before purchasing)
- The Race Roster support person will also need to enable kiosk mode in event configurations
- Next, go to Race Director dashboard, select Onsite App followed by Manage Devices and create a new device, setting the Device Type to Registration Kiosk (this selection associates the designated computer to registration and allows for transactions with credit card swipe)
- Open the onsite app by following instructions here and select the device that is designated as a Registration Kiosk
- Your registration portal will open up and its time to plug in your card reader to the USB port
- To test your card reader, open a text editing program (for example a Word document) and swipe a credit card through the reader (this will not charge you) *If a sequence of numbers and letters appear on your screen the reader is compatible and working
For more information on what swiper to purchase see: What credit card swiper is compatible with the onsite application?
We understand how important onsite registration is to your event and are committed to making sure you have everything you need to succeed. Please don't hesitate to contact our support team by phone or email at any point in the set up or transaction process: email@example.com 1-855-969-5515.