After you have configured your sub-events, as explained in How do I set up access codes for my event? please follow the steps below to set up your codes.
2. From the access codes page select +Create Access Code in the top right hand corner
3. Enter the Access code name that you wish to distribute to your participants for e.g. EARLYBIRD17 OR you can use the code that was automatically generated for you *Access codes should consist of upper-case letters and numbers only*
4. Next if you want the access code to only apply to specific events, deselect Applies to all sub events and using the x remove the sub-events that do not apply
5. Now set the Time Window (optional) you would like this code to be valid for entry. By default this is set to your event open and close dates. Note: As this is an access code you CAN set these dates outside of the regular registration open and close dates, which is helpful when trying to register people pre or post event
6. In the conditions section:
a) Check Allow on CLOSED events if you would like your participants to be able to use to code to register outside of the general registration open and close dates. For e.g. if you are doing an early bird code for your friends before the event is open to the public *Be sure to adjust Time Window accordingly in step 5
b) Check Allow on FULL events if you would like this code to allow entry to participants after the event has sold out, based on the limits you entered on the Event Pricing page (under Event Settings) For e.g. if you sell out the half marathon at 1500 but want to allow a group of 20 elite runners to continue to register
c) Check Display access code entry on Event Details and Registration if you would like the public to see the option to click the I have an access code box and attempt to enter a code *Note:if this is not checked participants will need to access the locked event via a URL that is generated with each code, this will allow them to bypass the event details page and land on the unlocked registration form
Reasons to turn 6. c) on or off
If this option is turned on you participants will be able to land on the event details page and enter their code. A possible drawback is this might also generate questions from particpants who do not have a code, as the I have an Access Code option will be visible to everyone
To avoid confusion and questions from non-code holders, we often suggest leaving this option unchecked and distributing the participants the direct URLs (generated by the system and can be found under the redemption column to the right of the code group)
7. Use the Redemptions section to set limits around number of codes that can be used:
a) Check the box next to The # of times you want this sub-event to be accessed by this code and under Maximum Redemptions enter the number of times you want the code to be used to access the registration form for your selected sub-events e.g. if you wanted 50 people to be able to get to the registration page for the half marathon set the amount to 50 (limit # per transaction in point 9. b)
b) Check the box next to The # of 'participants' allowed to register per transaction with this access code and under Maximum Registrants Per Redemption set the number of people who are able to register in one transaction using the +Add Additional Participant button e.g. If you anticipate families using the redemption code you can set this number to 5 and individuals with the access code will be able to sign up a maximum of 5 people during that one registration transaction. Alternatively if you prefer that each person only use the access code once, limit this number to 1
8. Lastly in the Activation section you can change the status of your codes to access codes inactive (meaning they can no longer be used to access registration) or Available for use (they can be used within the date and amount parameters you have set)
9. Click Save and Exit to return to the main Access Code page where all of your created codes are displayed
From the main access code page (Event Settings > Access Code) you will be able to view your created code and redemption URL that can be distributed to participants. Note: If you will be distributing the code (i.e. EARLYBIRD2017) make sure you have the check box in 6 c) checked off
For additional code details (see who has used the code) and to make edits to existing codes click Details OR Edit to the right of the code.
As there are many thing to consider when creating access codes for your event, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success Team.