- Go to https://raceroster.com/ click Sign In (top right), use your email and password associated with your Race Roster account (having trouble with signing in? see forgot my password article)
- When signed in, navigate to the far right corner of your screen and select the down arrow and select Race Director
- Now that you have selected Race Director, you will see an ID:Event Name:Date in a white box along the top bar. Be sure you have selected the correct event and year to review (we know many of you are working hard on several events simultaneously)
- From the left hand menu select Discount & Access Codes
- Select Access Codes
- First step is to decide which sub-events you want to lock and create access codes for entry, then click Configure Sub Events and a list of your sub-events will populate with check boxes to lock them *If you lock a sub event, it can ONLY be entered with a valid access code*
- Select the sub-events you would like to lock and click Save and Exit
Next you need to decide if you would like a general access code OR multiple unique codes.
General Codes: A generic code is 1 code that can be used by multiple people. For e.g EARLYBIRD2017 could be distributed to multiple people to allow then to sign up before the registration is open to the public. Something to keep is mind is essentially anyone could get their hands on the code and use it.
Multiple Unique Codes: Codes that are NOT one code distributed to many but unique codes for multiple people. You can create a code group to quickly generate a set of codes with identical properties. For e.g. for a lottery you will want to generate multiple codes. 1 code/URL link to each participant who is accepted into the event.
Once you have decided which code best suits your needs please see instructions on how create this type of code.