- Go to https://raceroster.com/ click Sign In (top right), use your email and password associated with your Race Roster account (having trouble with signing in? see forgot my password article)
- When signed in, navigate to the far right corner of your screen and select the down arrow and select Event organizer
- Now that you have selected Event Organizer, you will see an ID:Event Name:Date in a white box along the top bar. Be sure you have selected the correct event and year to review (we know many of you are working hard on several events simultaneously)
- From the left-hand Event Organizer menu select Add-ons
- Select Access Codes
- The first step is to decide which sub-events you want to lock and create access codes for entry, then click Configure Sub Events and a list of your sub-events will populate with checkboxes to lock them *If you lock a sub-event, it can ONLY be entered with a valid access code*
- Select the sub-events you would like to lock and click Save and Exit
Next, you need to decide if you would like a general access code OR multiple unique codes.
General Codes: A generic code is 1 code that can be used by multiple people. For e.g EARLYBIRD2017 could be distributed to multiple people to allow them to sign up before the registration is open to the public. Something to keep in mind is essentially anyone could get their hands on the code and use it.
Multiple Unique Codes: Codes that are NOT one code distributed to many but unique codes for multiple people. You can create a code group to quickly generate a set of codes with identical properties. For e.g., for a lottery, you will want to generate multiple codes. 1 code/URL link to each participant who is accepted into the event.
Once you have decided which code best suits your needs please see instructions on how to create this type of code.