Below are step by step instructions to help your volunteers with bib / packet pick up. Feel free to share this link with them leading up to race weekend or print copies of the section "Instructions for staff and volunteers to check in participants" to have on site. Before the expo and check in, take a few moments to set up your electronic devices and sign in to the Onsite App.
Instructions for check in set up:
2. Click the green Check In bar and your onsite app check in kiosk will open
3. Select Configure display to refine the fields that need to be visible to volunteers on the results screen i.e. birthdate can be helpful to make a distinction between two participants with the same name
4. Share the instructions below with your team for packet pick up check in
Instructions for staff and volunteers to check in participants:
1. Navigate to the search bar and type first name or last name or confirmation number or team name or e-mail or phone number and click Search
2. If your search yields a lot of results, navigate to the refine search bar and fill in another piece of information (i.e. first name, last name, date of birth)
3. Once you find the registrant in your results, navigate to the right of the screen and click the check in button
4. Enter a bib number (if applicable)
5. Select who is checking in the participant
- Self Check In (default) - Use this button when the person you are checking in is the person in front of you
- Checked In By - Use this button if the person in front of you is checking in another individual (i.e. family, friend, team member, etc.). Once you click the check in by, you will be prompted to enter the name of the individual who is picking up the packet.
Instructions for editing participant information
With manager permissions you can edit a person's registration info by following the instructions below:
1. Once you find the correct individual click the edit button, make the necessary changes, and clicking Save
*be sure to follow event/timing protocol on whether or not edits can be made
2. If you accidentally check in the wrong person or make a typo, simply use the Undo Check In button and repeat steps detailed in point 4
3. If a bib change needs to be made use Edit or Unassign Bib buttons
4. Return to the top Search bar and follow the steps 1 through 4 to check in your next participant
For more on the onsite app including device configuration and instructions for volunteers, visit the Onsite App section of our knowledge base. If have questions about uploading bib assignments, contact our Customer Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org.