1. If you're not yet set up as a timer for the event, email the event organizer and request that they add you as the timer in Race Roster (full instructions here, select 'Timer' from the drop down menu of options): Director Access to Race Roster
*Alternatively, email email@example.com, make your request using the subject 'Access to Timing' and be sure to include the event name or event ID that you need to be added to
2. You will receive an email invite to accept access to the event and will follow the prompts to enter your email, password and the provided access code to accept the invite
3. After accepting the event invite you will see it show up in your list of current events in your timer dashboard (to view your dashboard login and navigate to the down arrow top right, select 'Timer')
To download the participant list:
1. From you event dashboard, to the left of your screen, click Participants -> Participant list
4. Navigate to the right hand side and you will be able to choose some optional configurations for the report, depending on your needs. You can also leave the default configurations.
- Report template (if one has been saved)
- Sub event
- Date range
- Country format (2 character code, 3 character code, Country Name)
- Date format (YYYY-MM-DD, MM/DD/YYYY, DD/MM/YY, etc.)
- Participant display (active, inactive, etc.)
- Age to display (age on event day, age at the end of the year, age on date registered, etc.)
- Bib details
4. Scroll down and select the fields you would like to include in the report (i.e. first name, last name, email, swag item, etc.)
5. Select the type of export you would like
- View Results
- Export to File
- Export to Email
NOTE: You will be able to select Export with support for Numbers for Mac and Google Spreadsheets
6. If the report configurations is something you will use often, make sure to Save as new report template. When you go back to the Participant List page, you will be able to use the template dropdown to bring up the configurations again.
7. Use this data to time the race before following our instructions to post the results on Race Roster
For more articles on timing tools and posting results, please visit our Timers section.