After you have configured your sub-events, as explained in How do I set up access codes for my event? please follow the steps below to set up your codes.
1. UnderUnder Add-ons select Access codes
2. From the access codes page select +Create Multiple in the top right hand corner
3. Enter the Group Access Code name. This name is for internal use and will help you group your multiple codes together. For e.g. for code for the winners of a marathon lottery you might name the group "Marathon Lottery"
4. Under Number of codes to generate enter how many unique access codes/URLs you would like to generate. For e.g. if your lottery results in 100 selected participants who need access to complete a registration form you would want to generate 100 codes.
5. Next, if you want the access codes to only apply to specific events, deselect Applies to all sub-events and using the x remove the sub-events that do not apply
6, Now set the Time Window (optional) you would like these code to be valid for entry. By default this is set to your event open and close dates. Note: As this is an access code you CAN set these dates outside of the regular registration open and close dates, which is helpful when trying to register people pre or post event
7. In the conditions section:
a) Check Allow on CLOSED events if you would like your participants to be able to use to code to register outside of the general registration open and close dates. For e.g. if you are doing an early bird code for your friends before the event is open to the public *Be sure to adjust Time Window accordingly in step 5
b) Check Allow on FULL events if you would like this code to allow entry to participants after the event has sold out, based on the limits you entered on the Event Pricing page (under event settings) For e.g. if you sell out the half marathon at 1500 but want to allow a group of 20 elite runners to continue to register
c) Check Display access code entry on Event Details and Registration if you would like the public to see the option to click the I have an access code box and attempt to enter a code *Note:if this is not checked participants will need to access the locked event via a URL that is generated with each code, this will allow them to bypass the event details page and land on the unlocked registration form
Reasons to turn 7. c) on or off
If this option is turned on you participants will be able to land on the event details page and enter their code. A possible drawback is this might also generate questions from participants who do not have a code, as the I have an Access Code option will be visible to everyone
To avoid confusion and questions from non-code holders, we often suggest leaving this option unchecked and distributing the participants the direct URLs (generated by the system and can be found under the redemption column to the right of the code group)
Disclaimer: Please remember that by not displaying the access code entry on the event details page for one code, you are choosing to not display the access code on all sub-events. The off function will trump all codes with this option selected to display.
8. Use the Redemptions section to set limits around number of codes that can be used:
a) Check the box next to The # of times you want this sub-event to be accessed by this code and under Maximum Redemptions enter the number of times you want the code to be used to access the registration form for your selected sub-events e.g. if you are creating 100 unique codes, it is likely you will only want each code to give access to the registration form once, therefore enter "1".
b) Check the box next to The # of 'participants' allowed to register per transaction with this access code and under Maximum Registrants Per Redemption set the number of people who are able to register in one transaction using the +Add Additional Participant button e.g. If you anticipate families or groups using the redemption code you can set this number to 5 and individuals with each unique access code will be able to sign up a max of 5 people during that one registration transaction. Alternatively, if you prefer that each person only use the access code once, therefore enter "1".
9. Lastly in the Activation section you can change the status of your codes to access codes inactive (meaning they can no longer be used to access registration) or Available for use (they can be used within the date and amount parameters you have set)
10. Click Save and Exit to return to the main Access Code page
From the main access code page, you will be able to view your created codes and redemption URLs that can be distributed to participants. Note: If you will be distributing the code (i.e. EARLYBIRD2019) make sure you have the checkbox in 7 c) checked off
For additional code details (see who has used the code) and to make edits to the existing code group click Details OR Edit to the right of any code.
As there are many things to consider when creating access codes for your event, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Success Team.