Race Roster offers mobile QR code scanning options within our onsite check in application, allowing for a quick and easy check in experience. Mobile scanning allows for volunteers to check runners in to the event in unique ways such as outdoor check-in stations, portable check-in points, or checking runners in from their vehicles.
To learn how to complete mobile check ins, please follow the steps below.
1. From your mobile device, open your preferred browser and go to www.raceroster.com/onsite
2. From the onsite login page, enter in the unique entry token for the event, and select the check in device that you would like to login to. Enter in the login information for the check in device, and click login to complete the process. (For information on how to login to onsite, please reference our knowledge base article).
3. After signing into the check in device from your mobile phone, click on the Scan code button to open up your device's camera to begin scanning participant QR codes.
4. Use your mobile device's camera and point it towards the participant's QR code until you see the corners of your camera's display turn green. This indicates that the QR code has been successfully scanned.
5. After scanning a participant's QR code successfully, the check in modal for that participant will populate on your mobile device displaying the runner's information, a field to enter in a bib number, and a green check in button to click that will complete the check-in process.
6. After clicking check in, the volunteer can give the runner their bib, t-shirt, and any other necessary items. Repeat this process for all runners.
If you have any questions about completing mobile check-ins, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org