- Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer.
- Navigate to the left of your screen and search and select Team Settings in the search box.
- Click "Limit sub-events to only create or join this team type:"
- You'll then see options pop up related to creating a team or joining a team, add or remove the sub-events where you want to change the registrant's ability to create or join a team
- *Make sure you apply your desired changes to all the team types that they apply to
- Scroll to the bottom and hit 'SAVE' before navigating away from this page
Why would this be a good idea?
In some cases, an event will treat their individual 10K and their team 10K as two separate sub-events. In this case, you would want to prevent the individual 10K from creating or joining a team. Additionally, if the same event wants their team 10K registrants to be able to join a team, but not create one (because creating one happens on the Event Details page before a user registers) then you'd want to prevent the team 10K from creating teams. See article What does it mean to Allow Team Creation without Event Registration?
Some events want the team captain to create the team and pay the registration fee for the whole team. In this case, we recommend creating a sub-event for 1) Team Captains and 2) Team Members. We would prevent the Team Captain sub-event from JOINING A TEAM and we would prevent the Team Member from creating a team. We would make the registration price for the Team Captain sub-event the full cost of the team registration and we would make the registration price for the Team Member sub-event free. You would make team joining or creating mandatory on both sub-events (see: How do I make teams mandatory?).