If you'd like to take the event from draft to private during the go live process see this article, How do I take my event live? The instructions below apply to changing a live event to private.
- Login to your dashboard and verify that you are using Race Roster as a Race Director (top right)
- Navigate to the left of your screen and click on 'My Events'
- Your events will appear under three tabs, 'Current Events', 'Completed Events', 'Drafts' -> be sure you are no the 'Current Events' tab
- Under "Status' click on the drop down menu and change from 'Live' to 'Private'
- The page will perform a quick reload and your event will be moved to the private section
- Potential participants will now need a direct link to register for your event, click 'PAGE' at the top of your dashboard to copy and paste the private event URL
Why might this be a good idea?
Registrants are only able to access private events with a direct URL link. This works well for events that are not open to the general public including races, golf tournaments or galas that sell out quickly to a group of returning attendees each year. The private setting can also be useful as you test registration before making your event available to the public.