By default joining a team on Race Roster is optional for the registrant. While this works great for some events, we understand that certain sub-event categories are team specific. Follow the steps below to make teams mandatory:
- Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer
- Navigate to the left of your screen and select 'Settings', followed by 'Teams' from the drop-down menu
- Set up your team categories first and hit 'SAVE', (see the article How do I set up and configure teams? if not configured)
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the small blue text that reads 'Set teams required for Events' (note this option will only show after you've created and saved at least one team category)
- In the pop up select the check boxes next to sub-events where team sign up is required and hit 'SAVE', doing this will mean that all registrants in that sub-event will have to join a team before checkout
- Scroll to the bottom of the team settings page and hit 'SAVE' before navigating away from this page
For more on specific team configurations, visit our Team Configuration section.