By default joining a team on Race Roster is optional for the registrant. While this works great for some events, we understand that certain sub-event categories are team specific. Follow the steps below to make teams mandatory:
- Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer
- Navigate to the left of your screen and select 'Settings', followed by 'Teams' from the drop-down menu
- Set up your team categories first and hit 'SAVE', (see the article How do I set up and configure teams? if not configured)
- Scroll to the top of the page and check off the setting 'Set teams required for specific sub-events' (note this option will only show after you've created and saved at least one team category)
- In the pop up select the check boxes next to sub-events where team sign up is required and hit 'SAVE', doing this will mean that all registrants in that sub-event will have to join a team before checkout
- Scroll to the bottom of the team settings page and hit 'SAVE' before navigating away from this page
For more on specific team configurations, visit our Team Configuration section.