By selecting 'Allow team creation without Event Registration?' a 'CREATE A TEAM' button will appear on the right-hand side of your public-facing Event Details page. This means that anyone can create a team without joining and registering for one.
Why might this be a good idea?
Occasionally an organization will want to enter a team, but the person responsible for ensuring a team is created will not be participating (i.e. Administrative Assistant of a law firm is asked to create a team for the lawyers to join, but he will not be participating in the event). Or your event is set up so that registrants cannot create teams and can only join them during registration, therefore teams must be created from the Event Details page first allowing for participants to join them during registration. For more on limiting registrants in creating and joining teams see, How do I restrict registrants in sub-events from creating or joining a team?
Team Creation Start/End Dates (pictured below) will determine the time period in which 'CREATE A TEAM' shows publicly on your Event Details page.
- Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer.
- Navigate to the left of your screen and select 'Settings', followed by 'Teams' from the drop-down menu
- Select 'Allow Public to Join Existing Teams?, see the article, What does it mean to allow public to join existing teams?
- Select 'Allow Team Creation without Event Registration?' and define start and end dates
- To limit registrants in sub-events to only create or join this team type, see this article.
- *Make sure you apply your desired changes to all the team types that they apply to
- Scroll to the bottom and hit 'SAVE' before navigating away from this page