- A team category is a place to house teams of specific types such as gender-specific teams, corporate teams, military teams, etc.
- If there are no specific team categories we recommend just entering GENERAL TEAM into the team category box (this category option will not show to participants during registration)
- By using Team Categories you can set questions and discounts to only apply to registrants who are creating or joining a specific team category i.e. if you had a Military category, you could ask the registrant joining a military team to enter in their Military ID number and apply a discount
Why might this be a good idea?
For events with large numbers of teams, this makes the joining and organizing processes easier. The registrant can select a team category before creating their team to narrow down how they fit within the event and the organizer can use this information to assign awards in each category or segment packet pick-up.
To access team category settings:
- Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer.
- Navigate to the left of your screen and select 'Settings', followed by 'Teams' from the drop-down menu
- Adjust team type and category settings in accordance with your event
- Scroll to the bottom and hit 'SAVE' before navigating away from this page