- Login to your dashboard as an Event Organizer
- Navigate to the left of your screen and select 'Settings', followed by 'Teams' from the drop-down menu
- Select a registration close date for teams, this can be the same date as general registration, or team entry can end earlier so that you have time to organize bibs and t-shirts for packet pickup etc.
- Fill in 'Team Category' (useful for grouping different types of teams, i.e. Men's, Women's, Nonprofit Team, School, Corporate, if team categories do not apply simply write 'General Team' in this field and registrant won't see a category option)
- Select 'Standard' or 'Relay' under the 'Team Type' field
- Check the box next to 'Only add team category to specific events' if you'd live to remove teams from certain sub-events
- Set minimum and maximum number of participants (mostly used in relays or team events where the team must register in the same transaction, i.e. triathlon relay: minimum 3 maximum 3) Note: if you set a minimum the system will force that number of participants to sign up within one transaction
- Team Password tool allows captains to set a password so that only specific people can join the team, choose 'DISABLED' if this does not apply to your event
- Allow Public to Join Existing Teams: Allows the registrant to add themselves to a team during registration.
Allow Team Creation without Event Registration: Allows a person who is not registered for the event to create a team for registrants to join.
Allow team leader join link to bypass locked events: If this option is selected, a join link for a team of this type will allow access to locked sub-events to registrants joining this team.
Allow Team Leader to view and export team member data: If this option is selected, the team leader will be able to view and export team member data from their participant dashboard. They will also be able to send notifications to the entire team.
- Add team specific questions that will only show for that team category (i.e. School Team category, What school do you go to?), or click 'REMOVE' if team specific questions do not apply
- Set team specific discounts for each team category, or click 'REMOVE' if team type discounts are not applicable to your event
- Scroll to the bottom and hit 'SAVE' before navigating away from this page
We know that making the most of teams in your event can be complicated, so we have built several tools and features to make registration easier on you. For more resources on further team customization visit our Team Configuration section.