Race Roster offers the ability for event organizers who have multiple events on the platform to create what are called "associations" or "organizations". An association allows a user to connect each of their individual events under one umbrella. With this feature, event organizers can create organizational promo codes, which allow the organizer to create a group of promo codes that can be redeemed across multiple events that are a part of the association. Organizational promo codes simplify the code creation process across numerous events with a one-time set up, while also maintaining consistency in the naming of codes across all affiliated events.
To create organizational promo codes across your events on Race Roster, please follow the steps below.
1. Contact our support team at 1-855-969-5515 or by email at email@example.com to have our team create an association for you on Race Roster. Please include the event ID numbers of all events you would like added to your association.
2. After our support team has created your association, you will be able to create your organizational promo codes by clicking on settings -> discounts -> promo codes from the lefthand side menu.
3. From your promo code settings, click the green + add promo code button in the top left corner of the page and then select add promo code or add multiple promo codes depending on if you are making only one code or multiple.
4. Enter in the following information for your promo code:
- Code name
- Note (this will only be viewable internally, and can be used as a reminder to explain why this code was originally created)
5. Now that your Race Roster account has been added to an association, you will see an organizations toggle which can be selected to make a code redeemable across any events within your organization. Configure the following fields for your new code:
- Select your association
- Select an event group if you've created one already OR, select create a new group to compile a new group of your events this this promo code will be redeemable for
- Give your new group a name
- Select which of your events should be included in this organizational promo code group
6. After configuring your code's organization settings, configure your remaining settings for your new code as follows:
- Select if your promo code should applicable for
- Sub-event registrations
- Under 'Discount Type' select percentage, a flat fee or set pricing
- Under 'Discount Amount' add a dollar or percentage value for the discount or final price
- For 'Maximum Number of Redemptions' set limits on the number of times you would like the code to be available for use
- Under 'Time Window' define a timeframe using dates on the calendars in which codes can be used
- Under 'Subevents' decide on which subevents the discount code can be used (all or restrict to specific)
- Under 'Activation' you have the option to make the code available for use or disable it
7. Click save & exit to save this code on all of your selected events within your association.
Things to Note
- Once a code has been redeemed, it cannot be deleted within any of the events
- Once a code has been redeemed on any event within the code group, it will have one less redemption across all of the other events in the group
- Once a code has been redeemed on any event within the code group, you will be unable to remove that event from the code group
- Once a code has been redeemed on any event within the code group, the code will become locked to that group and cannot be associated to a new group
- To delete a group, please reach out to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org