Within Race Roster's email campaign tool, event organizers can create campaigns to target any users who entered the registration process, but did not complete a registration. Creating an abandoned registration email campaign can be useful to reach any potential participants who are on the fence about registering, or serve as a reminder for any runners who forgot to complete their initial registration.
To learn how to create an abandoned registration email campaign for your event, follow the steps below.
1. From your event dashboard, click on Management -> Email Campaigns to access your campaign settings.
2. From your email campaign settings, click the green create new campaign button to begin creating your email campaign.
3. In step 1 - set up of creating your campaign, selecting either of the two options below to create an abandoned cart email campaign:
- New Campaign - This option will start fresh without any pre-set triggers, allowing you to select your triggers on your own in step 4, and select any design template of your choice later on in step 4
- Abandoned Registration - This option will pre-select the triggers you will need to select in step 3 of creating your campaign, and will pre-select your campaign's design template within step 4.
Click save & continue once you have made your selection.
4. For step 2 of your campaign, add in the following information
Title of your campaign
Select a sender to use for your campaign. If you have not yet created a sender, read our guide on how to create a sender for your campaign.
Optional: If you would like to add a different reply to email, please enter this in the sender profile. This email does have to be verified before it appears on the list.
Add the email subject.
Determine when the campaign will be sent
5. In step 3, your triggers will be pre-selected for you if you chose the abandoned registration default campaign within step 1.
If you did not select the abandoned registration campaign, select the following triggers for your campaign.
- Incomplete Registration -> Participant left before completing registration
Click save & continue once selected.
6. Within step 4 of your campaign, select the template of your choice. We recommend either designing your own template (blank) or selecting the abandoned registration pre-made template that includes specific language to encourage your incomplete registrants to return back to the registration form. Click save & continue once you've selected your template.
7. In step 5 of your campaign, customize the messaging that you would like to send out to your incomplete registrants. Text and images within the abandoned cart email template can be changed and customized as well.
8. For step 6 of your campaign, select which of your contacts you'd like to send this email to.
Navigate to the section titled who are you sending this to? This campaign can be sent to:
- Current contacts who match the triggers to send the campaign to all current participants and they will only be emailed once
- Future contacts who match set triggers to send the campaign to all participants that register from the moment the campaign is active and forward. This campaign will continue to send out until the event registration stops.
- BCC recipients if you would like the campaign to be sent to a specific individual(s) every time the triggers are matched. This is inntended for internal use as a way for team members to receive an email campaign each time it is triggered.
9. In step 7, you will review your campaign and view the number of participants the email will be sent to (if applicable). Navigate to the far left-hand side to ensure that all your conditions and configurations are set up properly. If anything is off, click the Edit button to go back to that section and update. You can test send a campaign by clicking on the Send test email button and entering the email where you would like to send the preview.
Check off that you agree to the anti-spam regulations and then click start your campaign once you want to send it.
NOTE: Abandoned registration email contacts take approximately 10 hours to generate after the participant has exited the registration process. This is the standard wait time for contact generation, but can be delayed for additional time by using the delayed sending option.