Race Roster's team settings now offer the ability for participants to register themselves for multiple team segments within a single registration. This allows for a simplified registration process for events that offer various kinds of relays, triathlon relays, etc., where participants can sign up to run multiple segments for a team.
To configure multi-pick segments on your event, follow the steps below.
1. From your event dashboard, click on the settings tab -> team settings from the lefthand side menu.
2. Within your team settings, scroll down the page and click the add team category button to begin creating your new team category that will allow for multi-pick segments within registration.
3. Configure the parameters specific for your new team category based off your event's requirements. (Specific sub-events, min/max number of participants, team leader permissions, etc.).
4. Scroll down the page to the team questions section and click the green add question button to begin setting up your multi-pick segments for your team category.
5. Configure the following settings for your team question:
- A question title (ex: which segment(s) will you be completing?)
- If the question should be optional
- If the question should only be for the team captain
- If the team captain should be able to view team member responses
6. Select your team question to be multiple choice and select multi-pick segments as the type of multiple choice. Begin adding in the available segments that your runners will be able to select from. Click add more choices to add in additional segment selections.
7. After adding in all of your segments selection options, click save at the bottom of the page to have this new team category appear on your registration page.
Optional: set a minimum or maximum amount of segments that one participant can select during registration, or, set any age restrictions for individual segments if necessary.
8. Your team category and segment selection options will now appear on your registration page when registrants create new teams or join existing teams.
9. To view participants' selected segments for their team, head to your event's participant list. Filter your report to include the title of your team segment question as well as the team name. Select any other filters to include in your report and click view results to view your participant list with the selected filters.
When to use regular segments versus multipick segments
If you have any questions about setting up multi-pick segments on your event, please contact our support team at email@example.com