The email campaign feature allows event organizers to set up one time send emails, emails that only send to future participants, and triggered sending. If you would like to send an email about packet pickup to all of your current participants and all those participants registering, this is the tool for you!
1. Login to your dashboard
2. Navigate to the left hand side and click Email Settings
3. Click Campaigns
4. Navigate to the far right hand side and click the Create a campaign button
We will now walk through 7 steps to complete the setup:
Step 1 - Blank and Pre-made campaigns
1. After clicking the create a campaign button you will be able to select either a blank campaign or one of the pre-made templated campaigns
2. If you select a general campaign, both the template and triggers will not be set
3. Pre-made campaigns are available, they do have copy and triggers already set. However, you are able to adjust text and triggers.
Social referral tool: Will provide participants with information about the social referral tool (if turned on), including their referral URL and how to share on social media
Abandon registration: This type of campaign will send potential participants an email if they they did not complete their registration
Personalize your pledge page: The email will provide participants tips and tricks on customizing and sharing their pledge pages
Step 2 - Set up
1. Select the campaign name (internal)
2. Use the drop down select a sender to select the sender. If empty, add the sender name by clicking the blue campaigns senders overview.
Optional: If you would like to add a different reply to email, please enter this in the sender profile. This email does have to be verified before it appears on the list.
3. Add the email subject
Step 3 - Triggers
1. Triggers will allow for the emails to be sent in specific circumstances
2. Select if you would like the send when the all the triggers are met or if any triggers are met
- For example: 1) Send campaign email if trigger 1 or trigger 2 are met. 2) Send campaign email if trigger 1 and trigger 2 are met
4. Click Add trigger if you need multiple triggers
5. Click Save and continue
Step 4 - Templates
1. Select a page layout
2. OR select a theme
3. OR select a saved template. As you create campaigns you will have the ability to save them as templates, in which case they will list in this section.
For more information on templates click here
Step 5 - Design
1. Name your template - this will be different then your campaign and you will be able to bring in your template into other campaigns. This will also be kept internally.
2. The text editor will allow you to add/edit text, images, links, and any other customization
3. If you're interested in personalizing the templates, you are able to use merge tags
4. Click save and continue
Step 6 - Recipients
1. Navigate to the Who are you sending this to?
2. Select Current contacts who match the triggers to send the campaign to all current participants and they will only be emailed once
3. Select Future contacts who match set triggers to send the campaign to all participants that register from the moment the campaign is active and forward. This campaign will continue to send out until the event registration stops.
4. Select BCC recipients if you would like the campaign to be sent to a specific individual(s) every time the triggers are matched.
NOTE: Intended for internal use as a way for team members to receive an email campaign each time it is triggered.
5. You can select all three if needed
6. Next will be selecting the trigger times *THIS FEATURE MUST BE TURNED ON*:
- at time of trigger > as soon as the person registers or bulk send (Default)
- delayed from trigger > you can select X days/hours/minutes from the moment that the campaign is set
- at a set time > you select the date/time the campaign is set to the contacts selected
Note: Please contact [email protected] to inquire about the delayed sending feature.
7. Click save and continue
Step 7 - Review
1. On this page you will be able to view the number of participants the email will be sent to (if applicable)
2. Navigate to the far right hand side to ensure that all your conditions and configurations are set up properly. If anything is off, click the Edit button to go back to that section and update.
3. If everything is set up correctly, navigate to the green Send & enable campaign button to send. Not ready to send? Just click the blue Return to campaigns link.