Barcode scanners are a great addition to your onsite check in saving you time on each individual. Race Roster's onsite application is fully equipped to utilize scanners. The scanner functionally allows you to read the barcode found on each participants confirmation email and pre-populate their information.
Type of scanner required
- There are 2 types of scanners that can be used
- 1D scanner (shoots a linear red line)- this can read a barcode off of paper. This will not scan from a mobile device
- 2D Scanner (shoots a white light with a red blob)- this can read a barcode off paper and mobile devices - 2D scanners are NOT compatible with Mac computers
- All scanners must have a USB connection
- These scanners are only compatible with computers and cannot be used in conjunction with a tablet or other mobile device
Suggested brand and retailer:
For additional information on onsite set up please see: How do I set up electronic devices for packet pick up and check in?