Setting up your charity partners on your Race Roster event page is a great way to increase awareness and funds raised for your cause/causes. You will have the option to enable a "Donate Now" button, donation in the registration process, and pledging to participants and/or teams.
1. Login to your dashboard as a Race Director
2. Navigate to the left of your screen and select Event Settings, followed by Charity Settings from the drop down menu
3. On the Charity Settings navigate to Enable charities? and toggle to the ON button
4. Scroll down and click the green Create Charity button or the Create one now link
6. Enter the Charity Name as you would like it to appear
5. Enter the Charity Website URL (for e.g. http://bethanyshope.org)
6. Enter the Charity Description This information will be displayed any time an individual goes it make a donation through the "Donate Now" button, pledges a participant or team or is asked to donate with their registration
7. Upload your charity logo with the "Browse" and "Upload Image" buttons
8. Next you have the option to set a charity close date (when online donations can no longer be accepted). Note: the default date is 30 days after the event date'
9. Next decide if you would like to include a charity goal. This amount will be specific to this charity only
10. Select "Yes" to "Display Charity on Event Details page?" if you would like the charity and "Donate Now" button to appear on your event page. Best practice is to always have this turned on to boost your fundraising dollars
11. Select "Yes" to "Display total raised?" if you would like your progress/total raised displayed on the event page
12. Select "Yes" to "Enable Participant Pledging" to allow individuals and teams to have their own sharable pledge pages. Participants will be able to set goals, add a story and share their pages via email and social media. A great way to boost fundraising!
13. For a standard use of pledging, select "No" to "Teams Require permission to receive pledges?". This feature should be turned on if you would like all members of a team to be required to reach out to the event organizer before being able to receive pledges.
14. Next please indicate if the charity is this a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and select Yes if so
a.) If the charity is a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, you will be able to indicate if you are allowing participants to request charity receipts
b.) You will also have to indicate the minimum amount an individual has to donate to be given the option for charity receipts
15. Click Save and return to overview
To add another charity select the add another charity button on the charity settings page and repeat steps 6-15.