Setting up your fundraising partners on your Race Roster event page is a great way to increase awareness and funds raised for your cause/causes. You will have the option to enable a Donate Now button, donation in the registration process, and pledging to participants and/or teams.
1. Login to your dashboard as a Race Director
2. Navigate to the left of your screen and select Settings -> Fundraising.
3. On the Charity Settings navigate to Enable fundraising? and toggle to the ON button
4. Select if you would like to allow donor to pay fees
5. Scroll down and click the green add an organization button
6. Enter the Organization Name as you would like it to appear
7. Enter the Organization Legal Name (if applicable).
8. Enter the Organization Website URL (for e.g. http://bethanyshope.org)
9. Enter the Organization Description This information will be displayed any time an individual goes it make a donation through the "Donate Now" button, pledges a participant or team or is asked to donate with their registration
10. Upload your organization logo with the "Browse" and "Upload Image" buttons
11. Next you have the option to set a fundraising close date (when online donations can no longer be accepted). Note: the default date is 30 days after the event date'
12. Next decide if you would like to include a fundraising goal. This amount will be specific to this charity only
13. Select yes to display organization on event details page? if you would like the charity and donate now button to appear on your event page. Best practice is to always have this turned on to boost your fundraising dollars
14. Select yes to display total raised? if you would like your progress/total raised displayed on the event page
15. Select yes to enable participant fundraising to allow individuals and teams to have their own sharable pledge pages. Participants will be able to set goals, add a story and share their pages via email and social media. A great way to boost fundraising!
Note: For the question Teams require permission to receive donations? we recommend leaving as no. Only turn this feature on if your team would like to review and approve each team individually that would like to participate in team fundraising.
16. Indicate if the organization will allow requests for donation receipts. If yes, you will be prompted with a few other questions.
Note: If your event is a U.S. event, please note that you will view the question Is this a recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization? before the Allow requests for donation receipts.
- Indicate a minimum fundraising amount to donate before a charitable tax receipt is issued (optional)
- Indicate if you would like to have donors automatically opt-in to receive fundraising receipts when they process a donation, if it's the minimum pledge amount or more. For organization that do not use Race Roster automated receipting, the donor report will indicate that the donor would like to receive a charity receipt. If the organization does use Race Roster automated receipting, the receipt will be automatically sent.
- Indicate if the organization would like Race Roster to issue fundraising receipts
17. Click Save and return to overview
To add another charity select the add another organization button on the fundraising settings page and repeat steps 6-17.