The Event Status is the different stages your event before opening for public registration. Some Event Status’ are better for the building and testing of your event and others for taking paid registrations.
Below is an explanation of each Event Status and how to change your Event Status when you are ready to do so:
- All events start in Draft status
- Only those with staff access or administration rights can view an event page in Draft mode
- Draft status allows event organizers with staff access to edit and prepare the page before making it live and viewable by the general public
- Test registrations can be processed in Draft mode (and made inactive before the event goes Live.)
- Demo mode is the second phase of testing.
- You can create an entry code for Demo events, which is required to be entered by anyone who isn't event staff to view the event page
- The ‘Register’ button on the Event Page changes to ‘Test Registration’ in Demo status. Please note: No payments can be processed in Demo.
- Registrants are only able to access Private events with a direct URL link
- You will not be able to find a private event through Race Roster's search functionality, and the event will not get indexed in Google's search results
- This works well for events that are not open to the general public including races, golf tournaments or galas that sell out quickly to a group of returning attendees each year
- The Private setting can also be useful as you test registration before making your event available to the public. For more information on making your event Private please click here.
- Please note: Payments can be processed in Private just as in the live status
- A Live event can process public registrations (subject to the registration opening date & time).
- The public can view the event page of a Live event and search for it on Google or other search engines
- Taking your event Live means all seven ‘Required settings’ are complete and you are ready for the event registration page to show publicly (Learn more about these required settings HERE). If you have not completed all required settings, you can only change the status of your event to Demo or Draft.
- Small edits and changes to the event can be made after the page is Live, however, we recommend contacting us if you are unsure about how a setting adjustment will affect current registrants
- Paused status prevents participants from registering from the event
- This may be necessary in a weather related circumstance or during a technical issue.
- You are only able to Pause your event if it is in a Live or Private status.
- Please note: Paused status will also freeze event payouts from being issued.
To change your Event Status please follow the below steps:
- Login to your dashboard and verify that you are using Race Roster as a Race Director (top right)
- Navigate to the left of your screen and click on Setting Overview
- In the top left corner of the screen, you should see a tab called EVENT STATUS. Toggle this to your intended status (Demo, Private, Live) and click UPDATE. Please note: Once your event is Live you can only change it to Private or Paused, not back to Draft or Demo.